Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point(HACCP) is a preventive system for ensuring food safety from chemical and physical hazards in the production processes.
What is HACCP?
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point(HACCP) is a preventive system for ensuring food safety from chemical and physical hazards in the production processes. It establish control systems that focus on prevention rather than relying mainly on end-product testing.
It requires organisations to:
- Conduct a hazard analysis.
- Identify critical control points
- Establish critical limits for each control point.
- Establish critical control points monitoring requirements.
- Establish corrective actions.
- Establish procedures for ensuring the HACCP system is working as intended.
- Establish record keeping procedures.
- Application in the MFPI prescribed format (Annexure-I).
- Detailed Project Report indicating promoters of the organisation along with the activities/background of the firm,
- Income Tax Returns of the proprietor/organisation for previous three years.
- A copy of permanent SSI Registration or Industrial Entrepreneur Memoranda (IEM) or Industrial Licence, whichever is applicable.
- A copy of FSSAI Licence issued to the applicant organisation.
- Bio- Data / experience and Quotations of consultant.
- Quotation from certification body
- Details of proposed plant & machinery (item-wise & cost-wise)
- Complete details of Technical Civil Works indicating item wise/cost wise break up.
- An affidavit duly executed on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- or more duly notarized, affirming
- Detailed implementation schedule for implementation of the HACCP/ISO 14000/ISO 22000/ GMP/ GHP system.
- Date of commencement of commercial production.
- Expenditure proposed to be incurred on the project indicating consultant fee, fee charged by the certification agency,
- The consultant for implementing ISO 14000 / ISO22000/ HACCP/GMP/GHP should be registered.
- The applicant organization is required to give an undertaking that the training of their employees.